Mar 30, 2007

RP: Well, that was exhausting

I knew when I transferred to an RPPVP server and was invited into an RP guild that I'd actually have to RP at some point. After all, they changed their guild rules for me. Okay, so not specifically for me, but I was a contributing factor. So after all that, I felt like I should , in good faith, try out this RP thing.

And it was fun. It was scary, and exhausting (like all new things are. I remember the first time I healed for a 20-man...), but I ended up enjoying myself greatly. Since Saren/Sharea is intrigued, I figured I'd write a post about my character's backstory, then probably write another post in-character about my responses to my guildmate's characters...so enjoy! I know everyone who reads this is on a PVP server, so you might be interested in a snapshot of some good (and well-adjusted RP).

Edited to reflect some changes I've made in her backstory.



Indraste is rather young as elves go, only just 100 years of age. Her parents died in the war against the Burning Legion, which she did not participate in because she was deemed not ready by her elders. After the war ended, when Teldrassil was created, she decided to become a Druid because she had heard tales of the scarring left by war, and could see signs of it in her own land. The only other Elf important in her life left soon after she began her training. She lost contact with this Elf, but continues to write letters in the hope that one day contact will be restored.

Now she has just mastered her training, and her eyes are beginning to take on the golden glow of a druid. The only thing her teachers chastise her for now is her inability to control her emotions. Her face may not betray them, but she has a tendency to shapeshift, or at least begin to, when angry or upset. This has startled more than one of the members of the March already, so she plans to redouble her efforts to stop this from happening before one of them accidentally stabs her. She also is seen by many as too open to outsiders, which may be exactly what her human comrades were looking for

When the Scarlet March approached her, she chose to aid their cause for two reasons. One, she hopes she can help restore balance to lands that have been sundered by war. Two, she wants to find the Elf she lost contact with. She is worried because she knows almost nothing about humans, and is not used to their ways, but feels there's nothing else she can do.

So off she goes!


1 comment:

Glo Paint said...

Like I said in the first letters comment, because I am replying to these backwards. Not actually sure it's gonna be her brother, and trying to keep my options open.

The Night Elf females have silver eyes. Kyrre's, according to lore, are actually -amber.- Golden eyes are traditionally seen as a sign of druidic ability, and many druids who start with silver eyes have them turn gold once they become powerful.

Yes, I looked that up. I didn't want to let my guildies down.